Hi-Peak Internet does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where such information is submitted to us voluntarily via email, or by using an electronic form.
We are fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and wherever we request personal information from you, we will advise how the information will be used:
- How the information will be used
- Who will have access to the information, including any third parties
- Why they need access to the information
- How long the information will be kept
A 'cookie' is a temporary text file, stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are typically used for the following purposes:
- To indicate if a user has visited a site previously
- To identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name on subsequent visits.
- To gather anonymous statistical usage information (web analytics) via a third-party tool such as Google Analytics, used to help us improve this web site.
- To make advertising content more effective
You can find out more about cookies, including how to restrict or block them through your web browser, here: allaboutcookies.org (opens in a new window).
Use of computer IP addresses
Hi-Peak Internet may record the internet protocol (IP) addresses of computers used to access our web site. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To help us understand how our web site is used and the different geographical regions from which it is accessed.
- To help us diagnose any problems which might arise with access to the computer(s) on which our web site is hosted.
Recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information so all visitors to our site remain anonymous.
Access to information
If you have any queries regarding any information we may hold about you, or would like us to update or destroy any such information, please contact us via e-mail, using the address below, or our on-line enquiry form. Please note, Hi-Peak Internet reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £10 (+ VAT) for handling any such request.