Personal data is defined as information relating to an individual person, which can be used to help identify that individual. Such data can include, amongst others:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Cookie ID
- Smartphone location data
- Smartphone advertising identifier
We will only use your personal data if you have given your consent for us to do so, it is required in order for us to deliver a product or service to you, or it is necessary in order for us to pursue our legitimate business interests.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil any obligations to you, for which your personal data is required. This includes the delivery of products and services and provision of information, including newsletters and marketing messages, to which you have subscribed by actively opting in to the subscription.
Hi-Peak Internet does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this website, except where such information is submitted to us voluntarily via email, or by using an electronic form.
We are fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Wherever we request personal data from you, we will advise how it will be used:
- How your personal data will be used
- Who will have access to your personal data, including any third parties
- Why they need access to your personal data
- How your personal data will be stored
- How long your personal data will be kept
- How your personal data will safeguarded
We employ appropriate physical, technical and procedural processes to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, including when sharing your data with third parties, when authorised or legally obliged to do so.
A 'cookie' is a temporary text file, stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are typically used for the following purposes:
- To indicate if a user has visited a site previously
- To identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name on subsequent visits.
- To gather anonymous statistical usage information (web analytics) via a third-party tool such as Google Analytics, used to help us improve this web site.
- To make advertising content more relevant
You can find out more about Google's commitment to GDPR here: privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance (opens in a new window).
You can find out more about cookies, including how to restrict or block them through your web browser, here: allaboutcookies.org (opens in a new window).
Use of computer IP addresses
Hi-Peak Internet may record the internet protocol (IP) addresses of computers used to access our web site. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To help us understand how our web site is used and the different geographical regions from which it is accessed.
- To help us diagnose any problems which might arise with access to the computer(s) on which our web site is hosted.
Recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information so all visitors to our site remain anonymous.
Access to your Personal Data
If you have any queries regarding your personal data, the manner in which we process your personal data, or would like us to update or destroy any such personal data, please contact us via e-mail, using the address below, or our on-line enquiry form.